Monday, June 13, 2011

Times Square Paintings.

So, I've finally started work on my project inspired by NYC...

I'm doing a series of small drawings based off of the many photos and drawings I got of Times Square and the rest of the city. I just can't forget all that electricity, all the energy, all those people and lights. The city is something I've looked too in photos and in memory for inspiration. I keep coming back to it. My brief experience in Tokyo as high schooler, to all the photos I've seen of Seoul and Hong Kong, and now I've finally experienced NYC.

There are all 8x14, acrylic and pastel on stonehenge paper.  Some of these might be reworked or tweeked, as I plan to eventually bring them all together in an installation-like piece.You can kind of see where the bottom two are going to eventually line up if I go ahead with that idea.







I have sketches for many more, and one or two in the infancy wash stages. I'll post more when I get them further along.

Any feedback, criticisms, or ideas for where to take these is always welcome. :)

3 comments:

  1. Huh. Interesting. It is almost dream-like. I feel like it is one of those memories of a dream where everything is so vague and fuzzy, but you kind of got the general idea of what happened.

    Yea, that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are really good. I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete