I postponed my final critique. I rewrote my proposal for the semester, and I stocked up on caffeine. I knew I was in for a long few nights. The last meeting of class, while other students were stretching their final canvases and adding finishing touches to otherwise fabulous paintings, I was cutting down sheets of stonehenge paper. I was starting a new project, and it was one I would have mocked myself for 4 years earlier.
I had a nice, big stack of 25 pieces of paper, 7x11 inches. Some of them marked up, others completely blank. I gave myself 5 days to completely cover every piece of paper with a finished piece.
Like I said, I was in for a few very long nights, and some hard days in the studio, cranking out one unique piece after another. It was an exercise in scale, finish, and quantity that turned out to be a daunting task.
Take a look at some of my finished pieces below: