Sunday, June 12, 2011

Storm King Art Center

On the last day of our trip, we went off to Storm King. It was really amazing to see so many large scale pieces of work, but it was hotter than hell, and most of us had worn jeans expecting cooler weather. We took the tram around the park, and then did some wandering of our own. I wandered to Andy Goldsworthy's Storm King Wall, which was quite cool, and over to Maya Lin's Wave Field... Which was amazing. It really did look like a sea made of grasses, especially since it was a bit over grown. Alenander Caulder's large scale pieces were cool, though I wasn't impressed with De Survero's. Mostly because my sculpture professor makes fun of him so much. I see why- it's well designed, but there's nothing too exciting or interesting about it.








1 comment:

  1. This reminds me a lot of a drawing Amano (the concept artist of Final Fantasy) sketched of me real quick when I met him. It is very clear what you are seeing, but there is still a lot left to the imagination. I love it.

    ReplyDelete