Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Progression of a semester.

So, this semester was completely self-guided in painting. I decided to explore the notion of human relationship with technology, our dependancy on, and how it interacts and effects our space.
 Saddly, a little after the quarter into the semester, I had a huge panic attack, destroyed all my work, and was left to finish 2 paintings within 2 weeks. The first two paintings are these works, and well..they aren't so great. I was working from digital photoshop collages, and just didn't seem to have the time to develope them the way I wanted.



 28x38
oil on canvas....
This one is WAY more sucessful. It starts to convey what I want, and has some interesting ideas behind it.

For the second half of the semester, I switched gears, and worked on both paintings side by side. One, a more realistic painting, with more concept via color, composition and form. The other, an interrior space inspired by Rossen Crow, showing the fight of the digital plane vs a quiet, daily space.


36x48
oil on canvas.
  
48x60
oil on canvas.
boyya. This this is HUGE

1 comment:

  1. These are very excellent. I especially like the one with the guy on the computers. It seems very realistic to me, kind of like its capturing the unique beauty of someone who might stow themselves away in a dark room and work on a computer.

    ReplyDelete